I was wondering if it was possible to use the power of bazel to deploy fast, correct containers to my array of embedded devices that I have laying around. Turns out, you can, but there are a few limitations currently.
I’ve set up a project that has all the necessary components:
- simple hello world cpp project
- dockerhub maintained bazel base images
- bazel rules for creating hermetic docker images for my software
- bazel crosstool defined for armv7 (raspberry pi2 cpu) allowing cross compilation
- resin_deploy script for automating the build/deploy to resin
My blog post goes into more details. Feel free to use/contribute. I plan on adding more crosstool definitions in the future so I can use bazel to cross compile to more resin maintained devices.