Reboot Host and/or Supervisor if it loses connection with dashboard

I have some unsupported PC sticks that work quite well with the intel-nuc code. However, after about 2-3 days they consistently lose the connection. I would like to either be able to reboot the Host daily or even better have the host reboot or refresh the network connection when the connection is lost. I am still learning this system so please bear with me. Normally I would just write a bash script and make a cronjob, but resinos does not have cron installed. I can of course install cron into the container, but a reboot of that just reboots the container not the host or the supervisor. I have been looking through the documentation and the forum, but haven’t found anything to point me in the right direction. Any assistance is always appreciated?

Hi,
You can use the supervisor API to reboot the device: https://docs.resin.io/reference/supervisor/supervisor-api/#post-v1-reboot

Or if you want to play around with the network connection you can do that via the NetworkManager dbus interface:

Hope this is what you are looking for.

I had searched for APIs to do this but clearly not hard enough. This is absolutely perfect. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.