We are working on a new project and looking to boot up 100-500 devices over the next year and I’m wondering how hard it is to have ResinOS run on an SBC of our choice.
We have the following hardware requirements:
- 4 GB eMMC flash (Minimum)
- Dual Band WiFi a/b/g/n
- Ethernet 10/100
Nice to haves:
- Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000
- Cellular CAT 1 (for remote management only in the event we lose WiFi connection)
- "Hardware/sensors required for indoor positioning "
- Off the shelf enclosure
- Wifi add ac compatibility
- Secure/tamper proof mount
We are currently looking at:
And I am in talks with Digi to see if they can build the support for Resin.io if we guarantee a minimum order quantity. It would be useful to understand:
- What does this process look like?
- Alternatively can we hire someone (perhaps from the community?) to write support for this board
- Ballpark estimate on how long this might take/cost
We are also looking at the following two options:
- Using the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 with a support board
- Use a BeagleBone Green with a custom cape
Any ideas/feedback welcome!