The latest Etcher is out, get it from https://etcher.io/!
This release contains a new and overhauled writing pipeline, while also introducing usbboot capability for Raspberry Pis, and also fixes some long standing issues across all platforms!
- Display actual write speed
- Add the progress and status to the window title.
- Add a sudo-prompt upon launch on Linux-based systems.
- Add optional progress bars to drive-selector drives.
- Increase the flashing speed of usbboot discovered devices.
- Add eye candy to usbboot initialized devices.
- Integrate Raspberry Pi’s usbboot technology.
- Fix bzip2 streaming with the new pipelines
- Remove Linux elevation meant for usbboot.
LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_DEVICEerror at the end of usbboot.
- Gracefully handle scenarios where a USB drive is disconnected halfway through the usbboot procedure.
- Make sure the progress button is always rounded.
- Fix permission denied issues when XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is mounted with the
- Fix Etcher being unable to read certain zip files
- Fix “Couldn’t scan the drives: An unknown error occurred” error when there is a drive locked with BitLocker.
- Fix “Missing state eta” error when speed is zero
- Fix “Stuck on Starting…” error
- Fix situations where the process would get stuck while flashing
- Add the Python version (2.7) to the CONTRIBUTING doc.
- Remove duplicate debug enabling in usbboot module.
- Update Electron to v1.7.9
- Retry ejection various times before giving up on Windows.