The latest Etcher beta is out, get it from https://etcher.io/! There are a lot of bug fixes, an improved UI, and a much awaited warning when trying to flash Windows images!
- Show warning when user tries to flash a Windows image
- Update the image step icon with an hexagonal “plus” icon.
- Update main page design to its new style.
- Swap the order of the drive and image selection steps.
transformRequesterror at startup when not connected to the internet, or when on an unstable connection.
- Prevent flashing the drive where the source image is located.
- Fix text overflowing on tooltips.
- Don’t ignore errors coming from the Windows drive detection script.
- Omit empty SD Card readers in the drive selector on Windows.
- Fix “Error: Command Failed” error when unmounting on Windows.
- Fix duplicate error messages on some errors.
- Fix ‘MySQL’ is not recognised as an internal or external command error on Windows.
stderroutput from drive detection scripts if they exit with code zero.
- Improve validation error message.
- Emit an analytics event on
- Normalize button text casing.
- Don’t auto select system drives in unsafe mode.
- Use a OS dialog to show the “exit while flashing” warning.
- Capitalize every text throughout the application.